Why do I meditate?
You probably know the feeling. Stress – the sense that you are behind, the fear of not delivering and that you are not totally in control of all the things you need to get done. I have that feeling all the time, but I have a secret weapon.
A few years ago I decided to try meditation. At first I was almost a bit ashamed and didn’t share what I was testing with any of my friends. Meditation is just monks sitting on a stone floor humming, right? Wrong.
I soon realized how amazing this was both on my mind and body. I also started to read more about it. It turns out that a lot of my heroes also meditate daily.
Why would I recommend trying meditation?
- I get this amazing sense of presence
- I maintain focus longer
- I work more effectively
- I make better decisions
How do I get started?
- Set small goals. I only meditate 10 minutes daily – start with 5
- I use the app Headspace, that works for me
- Set a fixed time every day. I meditate every morning.
- Don’t try too hard, it’s a bit difficult in the beginning – just stick with it
- It’s not so much about not thinking, but about acknowledging your thoughts
So I challenge you to try today. Let me know how it feels in the comments below. Keeping focus through the day is essential for me to be the best version of myself – which is good for me, and the ones around me.
I share the most valuable and effective things I learn every sunday to my list, for free. Just sign up below. No spam, just things you will find valuable.