A lot of people I talk to find it frustrating that they are only able to stream live to Facebook via their phone. A few months ago Facebook actually opened up their live platform so that you can stream from your computer as well. And I will show you how.
According to Facebook people watch live videos 3 times longer than if it was pre-recorded. I’ve experienced the same type of engagement when I stream from my page.
Streaming from your computer will also able you to share your screen, show pre-recorded clips and add effects to your live videos.
So here is how you do it:
- Download and install the app OBS studio
- On your Facebook page go to Publishing settings – Video – and push the button top right called live
- Open the OBS studio app, and click + on scenes, add a scene and click + on capture – choose «Video capture device» and choose your webcam there
- Click settings – streams – stream type: custom streaming service
- Go back to Facebook and copy and paste the URL and Stream key into OBS and click OK
- Click start streaming, and go back to your Facebook page
- Click next – and fill in the info – and click go live
- You are live on Facebook!
- After finished first quit on Facebook, then go into OBS and stop stream and quit app
If you have any questions, let me know on this Facebook post and I will help you.